Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Gibson Explorer

My greatest experience is when I played a Gibson Explorer for the first time. When I walked into the amazingly well air conditioned Guitar Center, I smelt the heavenly sent of heated amplifier tubes and new guitars on display. I remember walking in just to buy new strings for my first guitar (A cheap Fender Squier Stratocaster) but I saw a beautiful Gibson Explorer and just had to play it. Though my mom was pressuring me to go, (to this day Guitar Center still bores her) I couldn’t resist.

So I carefully took the twelve-hundred dollar down from it’s wall hanger and plugged the guitar cable into a Marshall half stack. Even though I had very little experience with guitars at the time, I knew that this guitar was amazing and played it the best I could (which wasn’t all that great). 

It was an amazing guitar! It had a really fast feel to it and was very comfortable to play. It had an extremely radical, exotic look. The shape of it somewhat resembled an “x” 

Someday, this Excalibur of guitars will be mine!!!! It will take work to get up to a level where I am good enough for it, but I will have it!

No comments: